Resources for a successful ministry and life
Personal Counseling or Retreat Needs
- Marble Retreat is one of the most established groups offering care to ministers’ families. www.marbleretreat.org
- Focus on the Family: www.parsonage.org provides resources for pastors and their families.
- Catalogs of available pastor enrichment retreats:
Internet Clergy Family Support Sites
- Jill Briscoe – www.justbetweenus.org allows you to view some articles of each issue of her magazine for minister’s wives and female leaders, Just Between Us.
- Anne Graham Lotz AnGeL Ministry – www.annegrahamlotz.com offers books, tapes and interviews. She has some resources for ministers’ wives and women in ministry.
- Rick Warren and Saddleback Church – www.pastors.com, a website which offers many items for ministers.
By Amy Carlson
PastorCare believes ministry is partnership. It seeks to come alongside pastors to provide support. Their mission statement reads. “Wherever a pastor lives and serves, there will be people called by God ready to offer a variety of practical supports to undergird the pastor and family.”
PastorCare defines itself as an organization that “brings together those who have a heart for hurting pastors so that God’s leaders have access to the support they need in order to fulfill their high calling.”
The organization is interdenominational. All but 10 percent of its income comes from individual donations. PastorCare is a 501c-3 nonprofit ministry.
This ministry has materials available upon request. The most frequently requested ministerial support is the pastoral counseling 800 number. This number is available free of charge when requested by a pastor or pastor’s spouse. Call (919) 787-7024 for this service. Their hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. Most of their counselors are affiliated with the American Association of Christian Counselors.
Dr. Moore believes phone calls are not always enough. His staff has the resources to match each pastor with an appropriate caregiver suited to handle that family’s needs in their own geographical location.
For further information PastorCare can be reached at:
The National Clergy Support Network
P.O. Box 52044
Raleigh, NC 27612