Epistles: Benediction to Romans (Romans 16:25-27)
Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith — to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.
This benediction reviews some of Paul’s main points:
- The gospel is rooted in the Old Testament, but is now much more clearly revealed and is being preached (see Romans 1:2).
- The gospel involves Gentiles in faith and obedience (Romans 1:5).
- The gospel is about Jesus Christ (Romans 1:3).
- God can and will establish you (that is, give you eternal life) through this gospel (Romans 1:11, 16).
- God will get the glory, through Jesus Christ.
To that, we can join Paul in saying “amen.”
Something to think about
- How well does the gospel give glory to God in my life? (vv. 25-27)
Author: Michael Morrison